Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Little Izzy Has A Farm....

E - I - E - I - O!

I have been wanting to join the Quiet Book/Felt Craft group for awhile. Matter of fact, I've had a stash of felt sitting in the craft closet for a substantial amount of time. It was cohabitating nicely along with the numerous amount of yardage of fabric. I'm apparently a hoarder.

But anyway, with the breakdown of my sewing machine (R.I.P), I've decided to finally start on a quiet book for Isabel. (handsewing is......calming) With the progress that I am making, and with the decision to cut spending, I may be able to produce a book with 10 pages, oh, by next year!

Good thing I had all the necessary supplies for the first page ( I used white cotton for the page itself, and felt for everything else. I obviously did not read the "try to use fabric where possible for easy clean-up" tip. I'm rectifying that for future pages)

 I started with a barnyard scene - I took inpiration from Jill's book here (ok, it was almost a blatant copy!), as well as from other farm scenes from Isabel's substantial book/puzzle collection. Drafted it out....

Photobucket

And well...it didn't really turn out exactly - I got lazy. (Note to self - do not be lazy - always pin, pin, PIN!)

Photobucket

I may or may not continue to add more details to the scene. We'll see how OCD I get.

So, who's in the barn?

Photobucket

Hello!
We have a little pig for the little pinky finger, a cow, a duck and a chicken.

 They are little finger puppets

Photobucket

And who's hiding behind the top barn window?

Peek-a-boo!

Photobucket

Or maybe "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" would be more fitting....

Tested it out on the core user...

Photobucket

Isabel likes the pig.

Photobucket

Working on a doll's house concept right now...Not sure if it will turn out exactly the way I envisioned, but I'll update when it's done (don't hold your breath for it, though. It'll probably be awhile)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I didn't know your sewing machine died! Too bad we don't live closer...I've got several "spare" sewing machines, I could hook you up! :)

And OMG, that book is beyond adorable. I've thought about making one of those, but I know me...by time I finished it, it'd end up being for my grandkid, lol.

Jenny said...

That is so cool!!You are indeed a genius!Good Girl!!

bagfashionista said...

amanda - i would love to live closer! it'll be fun to have a sewing buddy, at the very least!

i guess i'm a little more optimistic than you are - at least i think i'll be done and it can still be for her....although she might be 17 by then!! hope all is well with you.

dominique102 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sew Can Do said...

It turned out cute & she looks like she loves it, so that makes it a win. Your handstitching is very neat, so be proud!! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)