Friday, September 27, 2013

Cake + Cloth Napkins = Impromptu Tea Time!

I finally went grocery shopping after trying to bleed out my fridge/freezer/pantry.
I have butter, oil and eggs again.

Yay!

I can finally make a chocolate cake

purl bee tutorial napkins with giant ric rac, ooey gooey chocolate cake recipe photo IMG_4784_zps24799cac.jpg

Which prompted me to finally sew cloth napkins that have been on my to-sew list for years now.

purl bee tutorial napkins with giant ric rac photo IMG_4788_zps11cf517e.jpg

YEARS, I tell you, to sew up two squares together

purl bee tutorial napkins with giant ric rac photo IMG_4791_zps274adb7b.jpg

The fabric was even all cut up and ready to go...

Sometimes, I don't understand myself.

Napkin tutorial: Purl Bee's Spring Napkins (mine turned out more fiesta-ish than spring, which needs to be rectified)

Cake recipe: Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cake (note from the wise -- if using a springform/cheesecake pan, cover the outside of the pan with aluminum foil to prevent the water from seeping in while baking - else you'll end up like me, with a soggy cake that needs to be dried out  --- it was fine after microwaving slices for about 30 seconds prior to eating, but still...soggy cake is gross)


No comments: