Monday, September 02, 2013

Little Gifts

Drawstring giftbag

For the girl, a book, a simple skirt and a reversible top:

Drawstring gift bag - girl


With little washi tape tags to indicate the size

And for her big brother, just some random little things, so that he has something too:

Drawstring giftbag - boy

I am quite enamored  with these little bags -- I think it would be perfect to put Christmas (4 more months!) gifts in.

I couldn't find a tutorial for making an unlined drawstring bag when I was settling down to make them for the 2 kids, so I winged my way through, using a buttonhole to weave the drawstrings through

unlined drawstring using a buttonhole

I even had half a mind to post a tutorial for this, but then I had a light bulb moment....

Wrong search words in Google.
 "Not lined" does not give you much in terms of results. "Unlined" was the correct search term.
Doi!


I made another for one of Isabel's preschool teachers, this time using the "correct" method.


I don't know...I think I prefer using a buttonhole. Except I would alter it to include interfacing in order to strengthen the area, since it is unlined.

No comments: