Saturday, May 02, 2009

A New Train of Thought

For the last couple of days, I've been feeling under the weather. No, I don't mean in terms of health. Well, at least not physical health.

See, my husband and I have decided - or more accurately, I've decided, and my husband was stuffed into the train, bound and gagged - that 2009 is the year of saving. Because we are now responsible for a kid. And therefore, it's not prudent for us to spend without really thinking it through.

Meaning, that translates to a Chanel-less year for me. And that's put me in a very bad mood at times when I can't buy what I want, when I want.

What does one do about it? I purge.

After loading the entire Murano's truck space with stuff to be taken to Goodwill, I felt much better. Because even though I can't buy what I want, at least I was rid of stuff that I DON'T want. So that there's now space, glorious space that shall wait patiently to be filled.

(Although I am THIS close to junking our couch of 5 years to the curb...Considering the fact that we probably won't be buying another couch until next year, this "cleansing" tendency of mine is borderline dangerous)

No comments: