Saturday, August 24, 2013

Things To Do

Let's Go Fly a Kite - Simple Skirt

If only my weekend to do list was that simple, I'll be set.

Whilst waiting 10,000 years for my junk of a work computer to finish running a (VERY SIMPLE) query,  I sew to distract myself from tearing out my hair.

A part of the "Welcome to the World, Baby Girl!" present, made a simple skirt that I think will fit a 12/18 month child....I hope.

It's been awhile since Isabel was that young, and the skirt looked impossibly tiny to me. Was Isabel really that little once upon a time?

Let's Go Fly a Kite - Simple Skirt2

The kite applique is a complete rip-off from Homemade by Jill when she posted one in she made in her Instagram.

I never quite liked cutesy detail on children's clothes, but this one appealed to me because the song "Let's Go Fly a Kite!" from Mary Poppins played in my mind throughout. 
I love that song. 

Isabel and I sing it together

Mary Poppins - Let's Go Fly a Kite - Simple Skirt

It took perhaps an hour to get this done. Simple, quick and fulfilling. 

Meanwhile, that computer still isn't done yet.




No comments: