Friday, October 02, 2009

Swings, Slides and Ice-Cream

We went to a neighbouring playground with Isabel for the first time a few weeks ago. I was all excited, because I LOVE playgounds, especially the swings. And I was hoping that she'll love it too.

Photobucket

Oddly enough, that park had a tree dedicated to a "John"

Anyhoo, we decided to start on the swings

Photobucket

It took Isabel a little while to get adjusted to why we decided to plunk her in the middle of a contraption that looked like a rubber diaper that was obviously too big for her

Photobucket

But when we started swinging and cheering her on, she started to humor us with a few smiles like it

Photobucket

She still clutched on for dear life though

We moved on to the slides, hoping that this one will tickle her fancy

Photobucket

Again, she was not impressed

Photobucket

So I took her for a spin to show her how fun it is
See her expression? Yeah...

Photobucket

She's much rather be snoggled by mommy

I decided to just enjoy the swings by myself

Photobucket

Is it just me or did the seats get smaller??
My hips were definitely feeling smooshed after 5 minutes. Childbirth has really done a number on me

With that pleasant thought in mind, we headed down to try out an ice-cream parlor that was recommended by one of hubby's colleagues ;)

Photobucket

I think I'm officially calling this OUR ice-cream joint

Photobucket

The flavors were fab
(I got Rum Raisin and Caramel Turtle...Yes, a small cone comes with two scoops of ice-cream. I was not being greedy)

Photobucket

And the location!


Photobucket

Think anyone would notice if I stole this sign?

Photobucket

While I was busy scheming my grand heist, hubby just sat and enjoyed the view

Photobucket'
It was a perfectly well-spent Sunday evening

2 comments:

msihua said...

She is shooooooooshoshoshoshoooooo cute!!

julie said...

Conner didn't like the swing the first time either. Now, he LOVES it! Great pics