Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nursery Re-do: Curtains

See the window treatment at the top left corner?



I like that.

It's from Restoration Hardware, and it would cost me $119 for the size of the nursery's window.

That's waaaay over my budget.

So I made my own.

Photobucket

My version probably cost about $20?

Photobucket

I also bought enough material to make full-length curtains for the other window, that's inspired by this one from the Little Green Notebook



I was too lazy to look for striped fabric that I'll like (and that will match the roman shade on the other window), so I just made the stripes myself, one piece at a time.

Photobucket

I need to buy a thicker curtain rod and I can cross this out of January's to-do list



Beyond The Picket Fence

3 comments:

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

It is wonderful, very well done! Thanks so much for linking up!

Frugal Home Designs said...

That looks great. Good Job.

junkermidge said...

Those nursery shades came out beautifully! I can't tell the difference between them and the inspiration ones. And what savings! You did great!
Midge