Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pants!

Another pattern from the "Making Children's Clothes" by Emma Hardy

Photobucket

My first pair of pants for her, using the unbleached cotton fabric from IKEA (I seem to have a ton of that)The fabric is pretty thin so it shouldn't bog her down too much when the weather finally decides to warm up. I don't know why I haven't made pants before -- they are pretty simple to make (meaning - quick) and it's quite fun to put little pops of color using fabric scraps (which I also seem to have a ton of)

Photobucket
Pardon her appearance - she just woke up from her nap
 
I think I'm going to wait to see how these hold up first before going crazy on them - I've double stitched the bum area that will hopefully prevent any embarrassing moments - who knows how much roughhousing goes on at daycare!

Photobucket

No comments: