Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pulling Things Out Of a Hat

I remembered the night before Easter that I should probably have an Easter basket for Ryan, Isabel's neighbourhood buddy (he calls her his sister)

I had to rummage through the candy bin (which, thank goodness, is quite well stocked) and then through my craft cupboard for all the other non-edible treats. And something to put it all in.

So, ta-da

Photobucket

Total cost? $0

The Peep Rabbit and basket are two of the many tutorials that have been printed out a while ago - I have 2 huge binders full of these...the heart is willing, but the free time and motivation are lacking!

I liked the basket so much that I pulled out my rusty math skills (pi = 3.142!! I can't believe I used to be good at math) and made a bigger one to contain her clean cloth diapers that always, for some reason or other, seem to settle itself on the chair in my bedroom

Photobucket

Ahhh...much better.

Photobucket

I've always been a freak about organization

As is my daughter:

Photobucket 

5 comments:

Jenny said...

The baskets are beautiful!!!What are they made of?cardboard?

bagfashionista said...

interfacing - so I can wash them as necessary

msihua said...

wow.. those baskets are beautiful.. Imagine how I could get organised Steph *hint* *HINT* ahhahahaa

Pearly said...

Did you put the shoes in that arrangement deliberately and testing our eye sight or am I seeing things?
(all turning out)

bagfashionista said...

Isabel arranged those shoes :) and you'll notice that they are perfectly lined up with the carpet.she has little ocd tendencies as well. And yes, they are right shoe-left shoe instead of the 'correct' way because she still gets slightly confused on which is which