Monday, December 14, 2009

Belugas and Sea Lions and Rays Ahead!

Did you manage to guess where we went for Isabel's birthday?

Did I hear "Aquarium"? A popsicle stick for you there, with the crazy hair. ;)

Anyway, yes, we went to an aquarium here
(I have no idea why, but all the aquariums and zoos in this state are all MINISCULE! Like, you can be done in 1/2 hour. That's no fun at all! But I guess it's perfect for little kids)

It was VERY cold, so our time outside was minimal, which is a pity as the "cool" ones were outside exhibits...our fave was the belugas

Photobucket


Photobucket

Doesn't she look absolutely miserable, all bundled up like that? Poor thing...that's what you get for being born in December, kiddo!

Photobucket

Moving inside to pet a stingray...they were VERY friendly...probably because it was feeding time

Photobucket
This is probably her first encounter with any animal other than a dog

Photobucket Photobucket

The myriad of sea creatures that Isabel saw:


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

This one is just freaky! Doesn't it look like a lady's face?!

Photobucket

In the lobster tunnel

Photobucket

Look at this scary dude....

Photobucket
Sure wouldn't want to be stuck in a room with him running loose!

Photobucket
She got to touch a starfish

Photobucket

Overall though, if I'm being perfectly honest, I'm not sure if she wouldn't have enjoyed it even more if we just stayed home and went to the park near our house where she can run around. Ah well...she had cake. That should more than make up for it!

I, on the other hand, managed to steer us towards the J.Crew outlet where I managed to get my hands on the "7 pieces of J.Crew jewelry" and a coat to boot, for a fraction of the price in the regular stores, so I was happy.

No comments: