Monday, May 24, 2010

Vegetable Patch

Photobucket

This weekend, we started our vegetable patch for the year.

Photobucket

Learning from our past years' experiences, and coming to terms that neither one of us have a particularly green thumb (it's more moldy black, if anything!), we skipped the seeds and went straight to stuff that's already sprouted

Photobucket

We got basil and parsley for the herbs, lots of tomato plants, an eggplant, and the customary pumpkins (my husband has an obsession with growing pumpkins - Charlie Brown, anyone?). Oh, and a watermelon plant. I have no idea what he was thinking, but hey, if it grows, I won't complain to having fresh watermelons off the patch!!

Isabel was such a big helper,

Photobucket

Although she tends to run off with our gardening tools quite a bit

Photobucket

And she seems to have a thing against our marigolds as she snapped the heads off quite a few of them

Photobucket

Or maybe she was trying to sniff them?

Photobucket

Hopefully we'll have lots and LOTS of crops to harvest!! I would love to make pesto, and my favorite tomato & basil pasta from ingredients that we grew using our own hands!

On a slightly different note, it's goodbye to our old humongous sofa of 6 years. It's served and held up well to our lives -- the fabric's been ripped due to the movers, it's been thrown up on, spit-up on, peed on, and it was Buddy's comfy perch for years until we banished him off all furniture.
Photobucket

Goodbye, couch!

8 comments:

Steven said...

Egad, I slept on that thing!

Jenny said...

So did I!!!my nightly couch to watch tv and read story books.At least you had the bed covers!!
Cant wait to see your new couch!

bagfashionista said...

hahahahahahah....it was all AFTER you guys were here.....well...I don't know what Buddy did in his alone time though...

Jenny said...

let Isabel wear gloves while gardening

msihua said...

Oooo... SHE SO CUTE... Man... i want Buddy... again... lols...

Vee Ann said...

Isabel is so munchable and you! Your legs look SUPER LONG in that last picture!!!

bagfashionista said...

hua - I'll ship buddy you!

V - hello there! lol -- comes from very SUPER-short shorts! (yes, I really wasn't running around without any bottoms!)

Ilovemylife! said...

I like your plants, they look really good!!